It’s common knowledge that staying fit is important. But what do you do when you’re constantly on the go? Well, there are plenty of ways to stay in shape while traveling.
Here are 8 tips for travelers who want to keep a healthy lifestyle.
1) Pack your workout clothes and shoes:
Whether it’s running, weightlifting, yoga or any other form of exercise, packing your gear will ensure that you’re prepared no matter where life takes you.
2) Find a hotel with a fitness center:
If your hotel doesn’t have one or if it closes too early (or too late), try looking for hotels near gyms and health clubs so that you can work out during off hours.
3) Create an itinerary that includes exercise:
Look for a vacation with plenty of outdoor activities or stay in an area where you can walk to grocery stores, restaurants and other destinations. You could even look into hotels with fitness centers so that staying fit is part of your trip!
4) Exercise on the plane:
Consider taking a portable exercise routine with you, like yoga videos or an app that will guide you through exercises.
- Stretch your muscles while waiting for baggage to open up so that they won’t seize later in the day as soon as you land and start walking around again.
- Exercise during flight delays by using this time constructively to get some of your daily workout done, consider packing snacks in case of hunger strikes!
- If there are vacant seats near yours, use them instead of standing. You’ll be surprised how much easier it is when gravity isn’t working against us!
- Try doing squats or lunges every hour if possible (or do planks!) so that our lower body doesn’t seize up after sitting for so long.
5) Avoid junk food and other unhealthy items while traveling
You’ll save time in the future by not having to work out those extra pounds!
- Pack healthy snacks like fruits or veggies: they’re light, don’t need refrigeration and can be eaten virtually anywhere.It’s better than eating unhealthy fast food every time hunger strikes!
6) Carry water with you at all times,
Even if it’s just a bottle or two as that will help prevent dehydration (and make sure there are no BPA’s!).
- Drink plenty of fluids on your trip, both before and during the flight, to avoid constipation from airplane toilet pressure changes. You can also try chewing some ginger candies beforehand for relief.
7) If you’re feeling exhausted rather than hungry when hunger strikes, drink something caffeinated like coffee or tea instead of eating sweets; this will keep you awake and alert for the duration of your trip.
8) Stretch before bed to help loosen up muscles that might have seized from sitting throughout the day. There are plenty of videos on youtube with stretches to do in just a few minutes!
- Consider taking vitamins during your travels since we were missing out on nutrients due to frequent changes in diet and environment.
If you’re a frequent traveler, staying fit can sometimes be difficult. But with these tips to help keep you on the right track, and some motivation from your favorite fitness guru or trainer at home (or even just in your head), it is easy to stay healthy while traveling.
So don’t worry about getting out of shape when you’re abroad follow our travel workout guide! Hope you liked this beauty and lifestyle blog , for more blogs like this one, stay tuned.